Welcome Sophomore Students & Parents
GRADE LEVEL / POGS
(Parents of Graduating Seniors)
The purpose of POGS is to serve as an avenue for communication between the PTO, the Student Enrichment Committee (SEC), the school counselors, the administration, the Student Government, and BHS students and parents. Each grade level has a committee of three representatives that remain with the class all four years. Be on the lookout for emails from BHSPOGS2024@gmail.com
CLASS OF 2024 POGS LEADERSHIP TEAM:
|Bernadette Glasgow||(615) email@example.com|
|Yasmin Patel||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura Armistead||(615) email@example.com|
POGS ACCOMPLISHES ITS PURPOSE BY:
- Partnering with the SEC and BHS school counselors and administrators. By teaming up with these groups POGS can promote the highest level of academic, artistic and personal achievement; provide information on curriculum planning, the college preparation process, promote personal development and support student government.
- Meeting at least two times during the school year with parents and BHS representatives.
- Establishing our role in assisting these other organizations in providing opportunities for our students.
- The recommended annual donation is $20 per year Freshman, Sophomore & Junior years.
- Make your donation online HERE or make your check payable to BHS POGS 2024.
- Cover the costs of supplies, mailings, staff luncheons, etc. Any surplus will roll over to the following year. A monthly financial report is given to the PTO.
- Your student’s senior year – your recommended donation will increase to cover the cost of baccalaureate and graduation expenses that not covered by the county, school, or "graduation fee". Also, POGS also provides special “Senior Treats”, which typically include a class sticker, class t-shirt, the graduation yard sign and much more. Gift will depend on available funds and will be determined by the Class POGS Leadership Team.