Welcome Freshman Students and Parents
GRADE LEVEL / POGS
This page, forms and links are in the process of being updated.
Please check back on after July 25th.
(click above for information packet)
(click above for answers to common questions)
The purpose of POGS is to serve as an avenue for communication between the PTO, the Student Enrichment Committee (SEC), the school counselors, the administration, the Student Government, and BHS students and parents. Each grade level has a committee of three representatives that remain with the class all four years. Be on the lookout for emails from BHSPOGS2025@gmail.com
CLASS OF 2025 POGS LEADERSHIP TEAM:
POGS ACCOMPLISHES ITS PURPOSE BY:
- Partnering with the SEC and BHS school counselors and adminstrators. By teaming up with these groups POGS can promote the highest level of academic, artistic and personal achievement; provide information on curriculum planning, the college preparation process, promote personal development and support student government.
- Meeting at least two times during the school year with parents and BHS representatives.
- Establishing our role in assisting these other organizations in providing opportunities for our students.
- The recommended annual donation is $20 per year Freshman, Sophomore & Junior years.
- Make your donation online HERE or make a check payable to BHS POGS 2025
- Cover the costs of supplies, mailings, staff luncheons, etc. Any surplus will roll over to the following year. A monthly financial report is given to the PTO.
- Your student’s senior year – your recommended donation will increase to cover the cost of baccalaureate and graduation expenses that not covered by the county, school, or "graduation fee". Also, POGS also provides special “Senior Treats”, which typically include a class sticker, class t-shirt, the graduation yard sign and much more. Gift will depend on available funds and will be determined by the Class POGS Leadership Team.