Student Enrichment is a committee of the BHS PTO. We partner with the school’s faculty, the Guidance Department, and the PTO to encourage and recognize excellence in students both in the arts and academics. We support the school in these ways:
- coordinate, host, and subsidize the annual Academic Awards Ceremony.
- offer financial support for the literary magazine, Forensics, Model UN, STEM, Destination Imagination, and many other activities.
- work to enhance the school’s fine arts curricular and funds all of the photographs in the Fine Arts hallway.
- recognize our teachers’ years of service
- celebrate with photographs of our National Merit Scholars.
- finance the beloved Honor Roll cookie coupons.
- assist with college prep activities as needed, such as YouScience.
- provide support for many other events, including Open House, Career Shadow Day, College Financial Night, College Knowledge Night, and the Evening with the Arts.
In large and small ways, we work to enhance the academic and artistic experiences at BHS. If you want more information or are interested in serving on this committee, please contact Laura McClendon at firstname.lastname@example.org.