Who We Are…Student Enrichment is a committee of the BHS PTO. We partner with the school’s faculty, the Guidance Department, and the PTO to encourage and recognize excellence in students both in the arts and academics.
What We Do…SEC…
- includes 10 subcommittees.
- recruits, trains, and manages the Advanced Placement Exam proctors and provides support for the entire AP Exam process.
- coordinates, hosts, and subsidizes the annual Academic Awards Ceremony.
- offers financial support for the literary magazine, Forensics, Model UN, STEM, Destination Imagination, and many other activities.
- works to enhance the school’s fine arts curricular and funds all of the photographs in the Fine Arts hallway.
- provides a library endowment for books.
- recognizes our teachers’ years of service.
- purchases graduation honor cords.
- celebrates with photographs of our National Merit Scholars.
- finances the beloved Honor Roll cookie coupons.
- funds teacher grants for continuing education and student grants to attend national level competitions.
- provides support for many other events, including Open House, Career Shadow Day, College Financial Night, College Knowledge Night, and the Evening with the Arts.
In large and small ways, we work to enhance the academic and artistic experiences at BHS.
How to Help… Contact SEC Chair, Suzanne Overton firstname.lastname@example.org